Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Audy
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣

Féminin

MessageSujet: Joss Whedon   Jeu 22 Nov 2007, 20:15

Voilà une petite interview qui date du mois d'octobre, Joss y parle beaucoup de la série Angel !! Elle est juste en anglais pour l'instant, je sais pas si j'aurai le temps de la traduire :

Must Be Talking to an Angel? Even Better, It's Joss Whedon!

Awww, yeah. It’s finally here! Right in time for Halloween, one of TV’s best vampire series ever is sinking its fangs into the shelves with Angel: The Complete Collector’s Set. It’s like a David Boreanaz bender! And just like I promised, here’s some supernifty insight from series creator, executive producer and master of the Whedonverse, Joss Whedon, about our favorite soulful bloodsucker. (Yeah, I have the coolest job in the world. I know.)

Thanks so much for taking the time to talk. I know you have a lot going on.
Hey, it’s my pleasure.

So Angel the Complete Series…this is a big deal!
It is for me, just because I actually use my complete Buffy series all the time. [Laughs]

Yeah, right? I think a lot of people do! Is there anything new included with this collection that’s not in the individual-season sets?
Um, well there isn’t anything that I got to do with this set that I didn’t get to do with the series itself, because this is the series itself.

No extras or anything?
Nah. You know, when they did the Buffy set, they did this sort of round-table discussion… but they didn’t do that with the Angel set. I think they didn’t really come to it 'til so far down the line that everybody had scattered. They’d disappeared into Bones. [Laughs] So it really is just the series, but because so many people are just discovering Buffy now on DVD, this is a great thing to have. And the series gets so entwined in itself that it’s really nice to have it all in one place.

That’s a shame. I so enjoy useless deleted scenes.
[Laughs] I know we live in the age of extras, and there are extras that come with it, but there’s no spectacular skydiving sequences that weren’t there before.

Or musical episodes?
There could never be a musical episode of Angel. [Laughs] David is very large and I did not want him to beat on me.

I imagine this was a great excuse to watch your handiwork all over again.
Embarrassingly enough, I do anyway. Not all the time, but every now and then I go through phases. I’ll watch an episode and go, "Is this the cheesiest thing in the world, that I’m watching my own stuff?" There’s just stuff in here that I adore and honestly, a lot of it isn’t my stuff. A lot of it is Tim Minear’s or somebody else’s, so it can still sort of surprise me in a way that Buffy can’t, because I was overseeing Buffy much more strictly. It’s the show that I love because it kept evolving for five years.

It really did grow into something much deeper than just a spin-off.
You know, the idea was that it would be more than a spin-off. That’s why we didn’t do a spin-off until we had an idea that we thought was worth doing. But it took us a while to figure the best way to service that. We really did think it would be this stand-alone show, unlike Buffy. Then it evolved into the opposite of a stand-alone and became a mythological show. Which is very big now, but back then it was problematic… by the fifth year, they said "make it episodic again"! But by then we had enough characters that everything could come from them. And we had a great ensemble. The people we surrounded David with are the best actors and the best friends that I have.

Do you have a favorite episode or season?
The seasons are all fascinating to me. I did love Season 3 — I got to do my ballet episode. Season 4 is like one long episode, it’s like 24. It’s ridiculous how [serialized] the whole thing was, because we really weren’t doing that on purpose. It just kept happening. And then Season 5, of course, you know, they lowered the budget, we got Spike… all of those new elements caused it to be really fresh. I think for episodes, I do come back to "Darla," which is sort of the sequel to "Fool for Love" from Buffy. It has some of the best dialogue I have ever heard and some of the most perfectly twisted vampire logic.

Dru, Darla, Spike. They were hysterical in their thinking.
Well, there was always something behind it. It was never for an easy laugh… not that we were above a cheap laugh. But it was always an in-character cheap laugh. We always had tremendous fun with the logic of people who were dedicated to evil.

And those types of people are hard to find.
Yeah! The thing is, if you’re not living, you just have a different perspective [Laughs]

Are you still working on the comic-book follow-up, Angel: After the Fall?
The comic book is coming out based on some guidelines I gave them. Again, I’m not overseeing it the way I did the Buffy [comics], but yeah, there is a comic book coming out that I did sanction as sort of a "well, here’s what we would have done and here’s what you can do if you’re a comic book."

So what would you have done if you had another season? Or even just another episode?
Plummeted L.A. straight into Hell!

It’s not there already?
[Laughs] I knew that would be your response, but I like L.A. I’ve been an L.A. apologist for a long time. But yeah, the idea was that we were going to completely change everything without building a new set. We were just going to trash the one we had and make it postapocalyptic. So Brian Lynch, the writer of the comic, is taking that and putting it on serious steroids.

The apocalypse was really going to go down?
Oh yeah!

And who was coming out of that alleyway alive after the finale?
That I won’t say. But you can read the comic book.

Do you go to Comic-Con?
Every year.

Did you ever think, as a 10-year-old kid, that you would grow up to be someone who was so sought-out? That people would want your autograph?
Is there any 10-year-old who hasn’t? [Laughs]

That’s true. But your fans are so rabid.
Well, they’ve had their shots now. [Laughs] No, you always hope that, if you want to be an artist, that you’re going to touch people and they’re going to love you for it and it will be all sunshine and roses. But yeah, it has been different than I expected. A lot of that has to do with timing… the timing of having DVDs and the Internet and the idea of the writer actually entering the public consciousness. I fell into that at just the right time. The way I fell into an emerging network at the right time and then left just as they were going down. I’ve been lucky that way.

Yet you keep it pretty real.
The key is to not get all up in yourself. That’s why I stopped doing interviews for a while. I didn’t have anything new to say and I didn’t want to be the guy who has to hear his own voice. If I don’t have anything to say… you know, it can be a trap, let’s just put it that way. And you can go onto the Internet and read three people discussing you endlessly and think "Oh my god, I have the biggest fan base in the world!" [Laughs] And then your movie opens and you find out what’s really going on. [Laughs]

Speaking of movies, how is Goners going?
Um, it’s going. It’s not going as quickly as I hoped, but then again, it’s movies and that’s part of how they’re different from TV. The script has been done. And I have rewritten it…and have rewritten it again. It’s the kind of the world we live in.

The nature of the beast.
Yes. And I think the operative word there is "beast"!

So there’s no casting in line yet?
Not really. I mean we’ve discussed it, but until the studio signs off on a script, that’s pretty much it.

Any chance there would be a role for Sarah Michelle Gellar in it?
Um [pause] I don’t know. Huh. I don’t think so. And that’s not exactly how it works. Obviously Sarah is a star… but I don’t know if it’s the sort of thing she would do or not — again, we haven’t gotten that far in the process. But you know, she sort of backed off from Buffy because she wanted to make her bones as other characters. Not that she wasn’t proud of what she’d done, and she should be, but you know, you want to sort of make your own way. So it would probably be the wrong idea. Although I love what Sarah can do. I think she has an amazing talent and we worked really well together for a lot of years, I have the same sort of thing: I want to prove that I can do this on my own and not make everything I do just a chance to have a reunion with my friends. That’s not to say I won’t have a reunion with my friends from time to time — I hope to. But the key is to keep an eye on the past, but at the same time, explore new territories.

Ironically, the new territories you explored are now all over the TV landscape. So many shows bear the Whedon stamp. Supernatural, Reaper...
I actually have a stamp, by the way.

You just walk around Hollywood slapping it on scripts?
Yeah. [Laughs]

Do you even watch these shows that would never have made it to air if it hadn’t been for your stuff?
I missed Reaper, which I wanted to see because everyone said it was cool. So now I have to go find a tape of it. I try to watch the new stuff… I watched Bionic Woman and I loved the Buffy-Faith fight at the end of the premiere.

Right?!
I think they even used the same roof. [Laughs] I’m being catty and silly, of course. That show is totally its own and it's much more Battlestar than Buffy, but yeah, you look for traces. There are times that people compare things to Buffy and you go, "Yeah, but… what’s the point?" Then there are times when they compare things to Buffy, like Veronica Mars, and you’re really proud to even be mentioned because their work was so tight. The only real downside to the Buffyverse is the extreme overuse of the term "The Chosen One," which I would love to never hear again. [Laughs] It has shown up everywhere. I think there’s going to be one on My Name Is Earl.

How fitting. You created a monster!
I appreciate that people are doing these shows because they’re fun, they’re what I love. But it’s more the way female characters are treated in the shows, in the way they can headline or take charge in a show that’s not necessarily a drama. That they’re taken a little bit more seriously in genre terms than they used to be. I don’t in any way take all the credit for that, but I like to think I was part of it. Every woman doesn’t have to be the damsel in distress. That’s more important to me than if it’s high school or has a supernatural element.

But you have to admit that you’re the best thing to happen to TV demons since Trilogy of Terror.
[Laughs] Dude, Trilogy of Terror rocked!

Seriously, though. Even Ghost Whisperer is going there. It’s going to turn out that the town is over some sort of Hellmouth.
Yeah, but it’ll be more of a Hellnostril to keep things fresh. Seriously, everything that I have done, someone did before me. It’s really how you mix it to make it your own and how much you look after it once it’s moving. How much you care about every episode. It’s not like I invented the wheel, I was just on it while it was turning.

Dernière édition par Audy le Jeu 15 Mai 2008, 21:08, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Lynou
# P'tit détective #
La siphonée du bocal
# P'tit détective #La siphonée du bocal

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Ven 23 Nov 2007, 18:05

C'est quoi cette histoire de Angel set???

J'aime bien comment il parle d'Angel et je savais pas qu'il travaillait sur un film!!!

love in l.o.v.e w/ Nathan Fillion love
Audy
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Ven 23 Nov 2007, 20:56

C'est l'intégrale de la série en DVD en fait, je capte pas trop vu qu'elle est sortie depuis pas mal de temps, en France en tout cas mais il me semblait qu'aux Etats-Unis aussi. Enfin bref, il y a une (nouvelle ?) intégrale qui est sortie le 30 octobre dernier ! lol

Shiryû
♠ El Ángel de la Guarda ♠

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Jeu 15 Mai 2008, 18:15

je met cette ITW ici pour par créer mille sujet a chaque fois,je peut pas modifier le nom du topic mais ça serait bien ke l'on laisse juste "Joss Whedon" wink .
cette interview a l'air assez intéréssante !!!!

Citation :

The idea for the new 'Dollhouse' series was inspired by actress Eliza
Dushku, who'll star in the Fox TV drama that begins airing midseason.

By Maria Elena Fernandez, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

May 15, 2008

Joss Whedon, the scribe who birthed "Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel" and swore off the small screen after “Firefly” was canceled, is part of the Fox family again.

Whedon's "Dollhouse" will be unveiled today as part of Fox's lineup at
a presentation in Manhattan. The drama is about an illegal house of men
and women whose memories and personalities have been wiped out so that
they can be hired to be anyone and do anything. It stars Eliza Dushku (Faith from "Buffy"), who unintentionally served as the inspiration. It will air in midseason.

Describing their initial meetings with Whedon, Fox President of
Entertainment Kevin Reilly and Gary Newman, chairman of 20th Century
Fox Television, used terms not often heard from powerful executives
regarding pitches.

"He had me at 'hello,' " Reilly said, admitting that the first time
Whedon visited the network, "I was kinda drunk with the surprise of it
all. He laid out the whole concept, but I think it was one of those
things where I heard every other word of it."

"I don't quite know what to liken it to," Newman said. "He pitches
as if he's thinking of it for the first time. There's an extemporaneous
nature to it, which keeps you kind of riveted. You have to listen
really carefully because the wicked and clever asides are nonstop."

Listen for yourself:

Is it true that this idea came to you over lunch with Eliza Dushku?

Eliza had made the deal at Fox and we got together to talk about her
ambition, her management, her opportunities, because I've always felt
that she's a huge star. Plus, she's a friend.

But I was trying to get a movie off the ground, "Goners." "Wonder
Woman" had already crashed and burned. "Goners" they had already lost
control of the instruments, but who knows? So things were not that
auspicious, but I was working it. Not shunning television but not
intending to come back. But as we discussed Eliza's predicament, I
started giving her some ideas about what I thought she would need: a
genre show so she could be political without being partisan; an
ensemble show so she didn't have to be in every scene. And I thought
about it for a bit and then literally went, oh, curse word, I just came
up with the show and the title. And it was the title that I knew I was
doomed. Because if you have the title, you know it's right. And that's
just bad.

When we really discussed the whole thing, she said, "You're talking
about my life. In my life, everybody tells me who they want me to be
while I try and figure out who I am." And that spoke to me. I agreed
that I'll write and maybe oversee the pilot. So I went home and said,
"Honey, I'm sorry, I accidentally agreed to a Fox show at lunch."

That was some lunch. What did you eat?

The Gouda pizza with shrimp at the Ivy [at] the Shore. Eliza still
looks around the set and goes, "That's all the Gouda pizza." Back then,
I was all hopeful about it. Now I'm exhausted about it. That pizza's
ruined my life.

Recently you had decided to become more of an independent filmmaker. Why?

I was lucky for a while. I got a lot of breaks, including the brief
existence of the WB and UPN. So I got to do things my way, which is a
rare privilege in television. Then I had ["Firefly"], and, for the
first time, I was not under the radar anymore, which meant they would
give me everything I wanted. Except a full order. So it was a
heartbreaking experience, and the only way to resurrect the show was to
make a movie ["Serenity"] out of it.

And your fans loved it.

People loved it but not so many people that they asked me to make
another. I had scripts and offers, and three years later I seemed to be
running in place. It was harder for me to write, and partially because
I was adjusting to having a family. But it was also the movie-making
process. In movies, they really will question everything. Sometimes
that makes it better and sometimes that makes it die in development
hell or filled with notes. And notes that you can practically see
floating around the screen.

How long after your lunch with Eliza did Fox offer you the opportunity to make a guaranteed seven episodes?

One week. This just felt right. Fox understood the show, and they've
continued to prove that that is the case. I've pitched shows to people
who didn't and they made them anyway, and that didn't go so well.

Then I went into a state of blank panic. Oh, wait, all of my writers
have jobs. So I went upstairs and I laid out seven notebooks, and every
night I'd go up and put my seven notebooks all in a row, and I'd look
and see what do we need to get from here to here. I even had to take
them to New York. I thought, oh, I'd just rip off the page. 'No, you
can't rip off the page. You'd kill the magic.' So I brought them to
Kevin Reilly and I laid them out on his coffee table, and he said,
"This is great. I love all of them." I said, "Great. Now if you'll
excuse me, I'm on strike." And for the entire strike, I did not think
about "Dollhouse." Occasionally, I would get a feeling.

How could you stop yourself from thinking?

I had a lot of other things on my mind. Like the strike.

And the Internet musical you've been doing?

Eventually. At first I was just really working the problem because the
strike was a very serious issue and one that I don't feel we resolved
adequately. I reached out to the people in Silicon Valley, like
everyone else, and said, if you will finance something, I will put it
together. I will shoot it tomorrow. I will make something so low-budget
that will look so good. That deal still isn't made. It took so long.
But I wanted to get out there and create jobs and tell stories, and
really explaining to people that there really is another way. Well, I
found out that wasn't it. And that ate up a lot of my time. So I
thought maybe something smaller. "Dr. Horrible’s
Sing-Along Blog" was something I'd thought of before to do as an audio
podcast so I could write some songs. I thought it would make a nice
little piece -- three 10-minute segments. Maybe find a way to monetize
it. And I got my brothers involved. So we all wrote it together, the
four of us, and then Neil Patrick Harris, who is a buddy, agreed to
star in it. And that was our dream because he's got the greatest
singing voice and he's a brilliant actor. And Nathan Fillion agreed to
star in it as the villain. And Felicia Day agreed to star in it. And
when we came back, Fox said instead of 3 1/2 months to write a script
and a few months of prep time, we're shooting ["Dollhouse"] in two
months. And we hadn't even fully broken an episode.

And I had "Dr. Horrible" to shoot two weeks from then and no line
producer for that. It was a time of work. The thing is, I wasn't going
to abandon or short-shrift either project. You just can't. You can't
put something out there with your name on it that isn't the most
wonderful you can make it. I also had the comic books that I should
have written during the strike, but I didn't. Apart from being sick, I
really have no excuse, and they all hate me now. And they should.

When will "Dr. Horrible" launch?

We're dropping in the last effects and color-timing it right after
upfronts, and then I'll be talking to people about how we can put it
out. I would like to monetize it so I can not only say, 'Look, I can
tell stories,' but people can be paid.

How are you balancing being a writer, producer and director?

After the first day, we were in this tiny cramped apartment, which I
had scouted. The actors would do three lines and we'd have to move the
camera. It was a nightmare. I was like, I forgot how to do this. You
get a big apartment and you make it look tiny. I'm away from my family.
This footage is terrible. It's over. Bury me. People who know me know
that's probably not the first time I've said that. But it always feels
like the first time. And I really thought, I've blown it. What am I
doing? Where are my children? What's going on? I'm dizzy.

Directing is my way of creating the style, of relating to the actors
and dialing in what their characters are. For me to be doing that as an
executive producer over another director's shoulder isn't fair to them.
And I happen to be one of my favorite directors. I'm not the best, but
I'm just easy to get along with. I agree with almost everything I say.
I won't do it the whole season. I have to be home and I have to get the
scripts out on time. It's going to be a new skill that I'm learning.

Do you feel more pressure because it's a big network?

No. I feel the same pressure I always feel, which is all the pressure
in the world. My name is on it. It's a story. My name now means
something to people that it didn't before. But I still tried my hardest
when it didn't.

I'm sure when you became a writer you didn't think viewers would be this familiar with your name. Do you like it?

There are not two parts to that answer. I like it. I'm sorry. I'm superficial.

Do you ever sense that nowadays fans feel like they really know you because they have more access?

If somebody comes up to me, it's because they're moved by something I'm
moved by. I've never taken a job I didn't love. And, yes, I am
including "Waterworld." I didn't love it at the end, but what a good
idea. So when somebody's coming up to me, or they're writing, they're
in the same space I am in. I write for fanboy moments. I write to give
myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to
explore all the things I'm afraid of. I write to do all the things the
viewers want too. So the intensity of the fan response is enormously
gratifying. It means I hit a nerve. "Dollhouse" might not. "Dollhouse"
might make them go, "What else is on?"

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Ven 23 Mai 2008, 19:18

Citation :
Joss Whedon - "Dollhouse" Tv Series - Scifi.com Interview
Dollhouse

Fewer Breaks Affect Dollhouse

Writer-producer Joss Whedon
told SCIFI Wire that he hadn’t yet considered how his upcoming Fox SF
series Dollhouse will be affected by the network’s decision to air
episodes with far fewer commercials and in-house promos than most shows.

Dollhouse and J.J. Abrams’ in-the-works Fringe are both
part of Fox’s Remote-Free TV experiment, which is designed to deter
viewers from reaching for the remote control.

One unforeseen consequence :
Producers will need to deliver extra minutes in each episode for its
initial broadcast, then cut those minutes for the episode’s reruns,
which will presumably carry more commercial interruptions.

"That’s a good point," Whedon said when asked about it in New York last week at Fox’s upfront
presentation to advertisers. "They didn’t bring up the repeats. But we
have always had to cut out a couple of minutes for repeats. That’s
always been the way. I don’t really deal with that that much. But
they’ve also said, ’We want longer versions for the DVD.’ So,
ultimately, I tend to shoot long. Our shows tend to go long. Some come
in short. It will happen. But generally they go long. So this just
means a little less heartache in the editing room."

Dollhouse stars Eliza Dushku
(Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Echo, a member of an underground, illegal
group of people who’ve had their personalities wiped clean, enabling
them to be imprinted with any number of new personalities to carry out
engagements at the behest of their handlers. Problems arise when Echo
retains her memories and starts to question who she really is.

"When we cut a show down to 40 minutes, we’ve got to
get the best 40 minutes," Whedon said of the editing. "We’re not going
to be like The Office and shoot way too much, but, yeah, we’re going to
have a production issue about shooting just a little bit more, because
even if I love it at 46 minutes, there’s a chance it could be tighter.
And I never want to vamp. They’re not going to get a bloated first cut.
They’re going to get a 46-minute story."

Dushku is more than just the show’s leading lady ; she’s also one of its producers. And, according to Whedon, that’s no vanity title.

"That was part of her deal," Whedon said. "When we sat
down to lunch—and I had no intention of creating a show for her—she
said, ’I have this deal. I’m a producer.’ And that’s because Eliza
wants to protect herself. She wants to start shaping her career. Like
Echo trying to find out who she is, Eliza has been [too]. I have seen
her doing this. We’ve had a lot of these lunches over the years, [in
which she talked about] trying to take control, and gradually, over the
years, [she’s done it]. It’s very hard for an ingénue to do that."

Whedon added : "I said, ’Oh, wow, I’ve come up with a
show, and I’ll do it with you, but you have to know, though, this thing
about you having a producer credit : I’m going to make you earn it. I’m
going to want your input. I’m going to want ideas. I’m going to want
you to help me work out certain problems. This is our show.’ She and I
came at it from a very similar aesthetic view, a very similar political
view and a great mutual trust. So, to me, it’s an essential part of
what the show says about people and about her, that she should be a
producer."

Dollhouse will premiere in January 2009.

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Lun 02 Juin 2008, 11:57

Whedon, creator/producer of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly, will return to series television with the show Dollhouse. However, Fox won't debut the show until early next year. Dollhouse reunites Whedon with Eliza Dushku, who kicked butt and cracked heads as Faith on both Buffy and Angel.

She stars in Dollhouse
as Echo, an "Active" who lives in a top-secret, for-profit, majorly
illegal facility called the Dollhouse, where the Actives are assigned
all manner of missions, and with each mission they're reprogrammed,
with earlier memories wiped out and replaced by the information
necessary to carry out the latest job. So, for example, Echo might be
someone's dream date on one mission and an assassin the next. Crises
arise, though, when Echo begins to retain memories from past
assignments and to question who she really is.

Co-stars on the
series will include Olivia Williams, Fran Kranz, Enver Gjokaj, Dichen
Lachman, Harry Lennix and two genre favorites: Angel veteran Amy Acker and Tahmoh Penikett of Battlestar Galactica. SCI FI Weekly recently caught up with Whedon in New York City, and he excitedly offered a preview of things to come on Dollhouse.
How ready were you to jump into another TV show?

Whedon:
I guess I was totally ready. I just had no idea it was going to happen.
It literally did happen after lunch with Eliza, which is a tale that
sounds like a bad biopic but is actually true. I went home and said to
my wife, "Honey, I accidentally created a Fox show." And she just said,
"Fine." She knew it was right, that this was very organic, and the
timing was right. I'd been aware a while. I'd mourned for my last show [Firefly].
I'd been working in movies and then not working in movies for a while.
And then it's just all flowed so naturally that even though I didn't
know I was ready, I was clearly ready.
What will we see on a weekly basis?

Whedon:
On a weekly basis we will see Eliza as a different person. On a weekly
basis she'll have a different engagement every week, and she'll have a
different purpose and a different personality. The exciting thing and
part of the other reason I created the show is that Eliza is very
versatile, and this will be a chance for her to play 100 different
people. They'll all be her. She's not going to wear old-person makeup
or anything like that, but they'll all be from very different social
strata, with very different agendas and very different motivations and
very different things. Every week she'll have an agenda that's evil or
decent or sexual or romantic or altruistic. It can be anything. But
there will be a flow-through of the show as well, about her and the
characters surrounding her and how the Dollhouse works, how it doesn't
work, and her burgeoning self-awareness. Between these engagements
she's this complete innocent and starts to go, "Hey, here I am in the
Garden of Eden. What's this apple, and what do I do with it?"
Will any of the Buffy/Angel/Firefly team be coming back as writers, producers and directors?

Whedon: Oh yes, absolutely. Liz Craft and Sarah Fain are my co-execs, and I targeted them before Women's Murder Club
went up, and then it went up and I couldn't get them. When the strike
was over, we'd picketed together the whole strike. And then the next
day they were off Women's Murder Club and I, like a vulture,
like a panther, picked them out. So they're my co-execs and running the
show with me. And then I have Tim Minear and Steve DeKnight as
consulting producers, which is an embarrassment of riches. And then
everybody else we hired is sort of a younger writer, baby writers, and
they're all really smart. It's a great a room, a great room.
Who is Amy Acker going to play?

Whedon:
Amy plays Dr. Claire Saunders. She works in the Dollhouse and she's a
very moral force. She's very, very, very broken. She's scarred,
literally scarred. Something happened at the Dollhouse a while back,
and she was scarred. She just sort of lives there, and her whole
mission in life is to take care of them. Topher, the programmer, who is
going to be cute and funny and sexy, he programs them, and he has a
very amoral kind of point of view, and she is sort of his counterpoint.

Who is Echo actually working for?

Whedon:
The idea was, "Eliza can do a lot of things, so let's have her do a lot
of things." The way that works is to have a very varied clientele.
Obviously, since it's an underground operation and very expensive and
very illegal, some of them are shifty and a lot of them are rich. That
sort helps keep it varied and fun and glamorous, but I also establish
in the pilot that they do what they refer to as "pro bonos," which are
just things where they help people [for free], because they discover
that even though they don't remember any of it, it helps them
physically that they do these things.
So there's a physical benefit to them doing good?

Whedon: Yes, and there's an argument about it. There's an argument about everything, even in the first episode.
People will compare this show to loads of other things ...

Whedon:
People would come to me with "It's just like ... It's just like ...
It's just like ..." I always feel a little guilty, if you have enough
of those, I feel that's what makes it original. Eternal Sunshine is one of those things we all went, "Oh yeah, of course." Eternal Sunshine. Never Let Me Go,
that novel. Actually, it was Tahmoh who pointed that out to me. Tahmoh
Penikett, when I first got on the phone with him, he said, "Have you
read this book ...?" And I went, "Oh my God, I have." And, yes, I think
I'm stealing from it.
You're going to get a lot of Eternal Sunshine comparisons ...

Whedon: Eternal Sunshine,
it's that same sort of idea of "What about our relationships is real,
and what is just what we're projecting?" And that's really ... this
whole [thing] revolves around the idea of what we expect from each
other, what we believe about ourselves, and how all of that can be torn
apart, and how you can build, from scratch, your own identity. So it's
very dark and very morally gray.
Would you say that Dollhouse is darker than your other shows?

Whedon:
Dark in a different way, I'd say. It's gray, dark gray. It doesn't all
take place at night, I'm very happy to say, because that's horrible to
shoot. But everybody in it is compromised, to a very large extent, and
yet I love every character and I'm fascinated by them, as always
happens. And the actors we have playing them are phenomenal. So we know
that we can take any character, put them through the wringer, find the
hope or lose hope, really break them down and then build them up again,
which, ultimately, is sort of the whole point of all the dramas I do.

Eliza was pretty dark on Buffy and Angel, and here ...

Whedon:
She's a complete innocent as Echo, but what's interesting to me is, as
she begins to build a character as Echo, one of the things that Echo is
going to have to learn how to do is [be] evil. Part of becoming human
is layering on something that is bad. So, that to me ... somebody
described it as the serpent in the Garden of Eden, and I thought,
"Yeah, that's her, too."
People are also wondering who the Actives are working for, where the money goes, if they're assassins ...

Whedon: People thought it's like an Alias
thing, and the two things we've had to [clarify] is that, one, she's
not toting a gun every week. That's not what it's about. It's a human
drama with some action and all the suspense because, as she becomes
self-aware, the Dollhouse becomes kind of a dangerous place for her. So
there's always that friction. But it could be a romantic comedy one
week. Eliza jokes that this a cure for her ADHD, and I say it's a cure
for mine.
During the writers' strike you shot Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog,
an online musical that stars Neil Patrick Harris, Felicia Day and
Nathan Fillion. What can you tell us about that, and what's currently
happening with it?

Whedon: Dr. Horrible we're
just finishing. We're going to finishing posting it, and then we're
going to have a whole conversation about how to put it out there. I'm
going to put it on the Internet first. Whether or not I can monetize it
that way ... I'd like to be able to. I'd like to be able to make the
money back, pay the crew, because Dr. Horrible, apart from
being hilarious and fun, is also a product of the strike. I want to
show that there's a way to make things yourself, but then I also want
to show that there's a way to make that viable for people. So even if I
don't accomplish the second part, I want to do the first part. So we'll
put it on the Internet, hopefully with a sponsor of some kind. We'll
work that out. And then iTunes, DVD ... we're doing amazing DVD extras.
It's going to be the finest 40-minute musical since the last one I made.

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Mar 15 Juil 2008, 02:45

Citation :
This is Chris Bridges with the Daytona Beach News-Journal,
and I’m talking with Joss Whedon, creator of “Buffy the Vampire
Slayer,” “Angel,” the show “Firefly,” the movie “Serenity,” the
upcoming FOX show “Dollhouse,” and now an original online musical
mini-series, “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.” Thank you for talking to
me.

Thanks for having me.
Go ahead and give me the elevator pitch for “Dr. Horrible.”
There’s an elevator pitch?

I hope so.

I’ve never heard that phrase. Basically it’s your typical Internet
musical about a super villain who’s trying to make his bones in the
super villain community and get some respect, and maybe even work up
the nerve to talk to the girl at the Laundromat.
So, like every other Internet serial musical.
Yeah, you know, I mean it’s a tired genre but I thought I could wring a few bucks out of it before it dies.
How did this get started? What made you decide to go straight to the Internet?
You know, there’s been a lot of talk about that during the (writers)
strike, I’ve been interested in doing things that were smaller, lower
budget, more filled with my friends, and sillier than I’m allowed to do
in the normal course of Hollywood, so I decided I’d just fund a little
something myself. It kind of ballooned, in terms of the amount of
talent that we were able to attract, but it’s been true to its tiny
roots of “Let’s just put on a show.”
A “my dad has a barn” sort of feeling.
You know, when I was a kid, he did. And we put on shows.
How did you choose the cast? Does Nathan Fillion have pictures of you, or–
You know, you’re not the first person to ask that so I’m beginning to wonder. After I passed out, what happened…?
You know, who wouldn’t cast Nathan Fillion in absolutely everything.
I mean, he can play the hero, he can play the idiot, he can play the
ingénue, he can play the ficus and be the most interesting
thing in the room. He’s amazing. And you know he’s a dear, smart,
centered guy, so that’s a no-brainer. And he’s so great as that
character, you know. It very much reflects some of his own humor that
the moment he signed on Zack and I were writing a bunch of his scenes,
we raced to our typewriters. No, we use computers, we’re not that old.
But you know, Neil was… I wasn’t as sure Neil would be interested in
it and he said yes faster than I had the question out. But he’s, you
know. Just incre.. I’ve seen him do everything, including, you know,
sing on Broadway, so I knew he had the chops. He still brought more to
it than I even imagined he could. And Felicia, you know, has been a
friend since she was on “Buffy.” Her show “The Guild” has been kind of
an inspiration for this and I suspected she had some singing pipes as
well and she also blew me away. The first time she and Neil sang
together, I may have cried a little.

Will there be a soundtrack?

Yes there will! Although I’m not positive when.
Making it up as we go along?
There is no truer statement of this entire endeavor than that.
Has it been more… I’m not sure “relaxing” is the right word,
but has there been a different feel to it because you’re totally in
control of everything?

Yeah, you know, “relaxing” is definitely not the right word? Because
being in control of everything means being responsible for everything,
including signing all the checks. You definitely learn, oh, this is
really complicated. I understand why it’s so hard to settle contracts
of studios and things. But… And I got very nervous, before we had line
producers on, I just thought “This is never going to happen!” But the
flip side, the creative side, yeah, it is like a warm bath. It’s just
the sweetest, the most delightful, relaxing thing, just in terms of
“This is just us, this is what we want to do with our time. Everybody
is having the time of their lives.” That’s something that’s hard to
capture.
What time will the episodes be posted?
We’re planning to post them pretty much at 12:01 in the morning.
Are you ready for the entire Internet to land on you?
You know, if we don’t crash it, we’ve failed.
No, we only have the bandwidth to support 17 viewers at a time.
No, none of those things are true, we do hope that a lot of people
will show up, ‘cause we think it’s kind of an event. But we’re also
prepared for the numbers to be even smaller than anybody thought, for
everyone to go “awwww.” Because, you know, you have to be prepared for
that and the great thing about it is I don’t have anybody worrying
about it. We don’t have anybody we’re beholden to, to be like “You
failed us! We loved the musical.” We think the people who see it will
love it as well, and how many people see it, well, that’s not really up
to us.
You have a knack for attracting obsessive fans. What do you think they see in your work?
An obsessive fan…
This is an obsessive fan asking that.
Yes, I am one, too. That’s what I am, that’s what I grew up as. The
things I love, I love very hard. And that’s the kind of… and it’s
usually genre stuff, which also attracts that type. You know, the world
of imagination; when people enter any world that’s not our own they’re
working in a different way than if it’s just a straight drama, no
matter how great. It could be the “West Wing,” it’s great but there’s a
different level when you add an element of fantasy. Particularly when
you add song. It allows people to lose themselves, and [in an
exaggerated arch voice] “find themselves.”
Yes, I am a new-age calendar. But I’m not wrong.
Your fans are also the type to know the ins and outs of the
Internet and how to grab videos before you’re ready for them to. Are
you concerned about the likelihood of piracy?

They got the teaser before we were ready for it. You know, we sort
of, the inevitability of some piracy is something we’re prepared for.
We also know that true fans do tend to, you know, if something is, you
know, available to buy and the buying of is part of being in the
community because it supports the people who have created it, you know,
i.e. letting us pay our crew, it’s, you know, you take the one with the
other.
I mean, we’re giving this thing up for free on the Internet for a
week because we want to give the fans something that they can just
have. But we want to make it an event that goes away, so that it feels
more special.
Has there been any reaction from studio execs that you still work with, about the kind of end run around the industry?
All the response from everybody involved with the studios has been
positive. Has been interest in, do you want to develop this in another
way, do you want to partner in this kind of distribution, there’s…
nobody said (in crotchety old man voice) “Say, what are you kids
doing?” and tried to chase us off like a cop in “The Little Rascals.”
So—

Well, they’re also interested in seeing if it works so they can try it.

Yeah, I mean, nobody’s out to… this isn’t a zero-sum equation.
Everybody can win here, you know, and if it wasn’t for some of those
studio people I would never have been able to make this. Andrew
Finneday, the Universal executive who let us have the lot for a song,
for a day, you know, who are the people in the industry that I deal
with, they’re people, they’re a part of the community. The guys at the
very tippy-top that I pretty much never see, they have a different
agenda but they also can see this as “Well, why don’t we let them jump
in the pool and we can find out if it’s too cold that way?”
So, again nobody loses. Nobody’s cranky about this. That I know of.
Maybe the Grinch, who doesn’t love Christmas at all, is up on his hill
going, “Oh, the noise noise noise noise,” but I don’t know him.
If everything came true the way you wanted it to be, what would you like to see happen because of “Dr. Horrible”?
I would like to be a gagillionaire.
I would like to see more of this kind of content, I would like to
make, but even if I can’t I’d like to see more people sort of stepping
up between the home-made and the studio-made and putting things on the
Internet that are truly strange and personal and yet accessible to as
many people as possible. I’d like the Internet to be a viable economic
framework for a sort of, a world of “B” pictures. A new, strange,
surreal “B” studio, the kind they don’t have anymore. That’s what I’d
like to see.
And I’d like to run it.

Tar-Willow dans l'âme
Tar-Willow dans l'âme

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Mar 15 Juil 2008, 04:41

Ro c'est trop Nul d'etre Nul en Anglais ( c'est dans les moment la quond regrette ) !!!
http://streamings-serie.e-monsite.com/
Shiryû

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Sam 02 Aoû 2008, 11:01

Citation :

The Hollywood Reporter:
Did you expect this kind of response to "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"?

Joss Whedon: Yes and no. I mean, you always do; you always go in swinging thinking everyone will love it -- they will love my painting of sunflowers - but it doesn't work out that way. So it's a surprise but also not a surprise.
But I also felt that this (Comic-Con) was the crowd. If anybody was going to get it, it was going to be these guys.

THR: "Dr. Horrible" launched July 15 and you announced the soundtrack will be available in a few weeks. Were you prepared to put out the iTunes soundtrack so quickly?

Whedon: We made everything happen so quickly partially
because we wanted to get it out before Comic-Con, partially also
because we wanted to make it happen quickly. I tried to make
Internet deals; they took forever, they're still not made. And this
was during the strike, this was before Christmas that I started
these deals, thinking, "I'm going to make content."

And with these big Silicon Valley companies, they're like, "So in
the third part of the second part of the fifth clause ..." and I'm
like, "Guys, it's August."

So one of the things we said was that we're going to show this for
free in mid-July so we can rock the Con, have a really good time,
but also because you just have to get it done. Everybody was not
used to that and they were pretty much on board, iTunes was pretty
enthusiastic, and everybody we showed it to, and they just said OK
we've never done it this fast so have your lawyers call us now (a
few weeks before "Dr. Horrible" streamed).

It was a couple of weeks before we streamed it that we started to
make the deal with iTunes. We created our own paradigm from start
to finish with this, including the business deal. Which was really
fun.

THR: Is there a release date for the soundtrack? Is it
iTunes only or will there be a physical release as well?

Whedon: It should just be a couple weeks. It'll be strictly
downloadable at first, and then we do hope to put out a
cool-looking actual release. But our main goal is to get the DVD
out, definitely before November. We have a lot to do for it, we
want to make it special. That's another thing that we're in where
we make the rules.

THR: Speaking of the DVD, can you tell me anymore about the
Evil League of Evil video submission contest?

Whedon: We do have an interview with the Evil League of Evil
for the DVD, and they're evil, I gotta tell you. They're not good
people. Not good. We're just going to have people send in under
three-minute submissions for their pitch for why they should be in
the Evil League of Evil and we'll put the best ones on so the fans
can be a part of what's going on instead of just, "Sit back and
enjoy your entertainment and shut up and buy stuff."

THR: Have any studios or distributors expressed interest in
"Dr. Horrible"?

Whedon: Yes, actually, we met with a couple of different
companies but we showed it to studios as well as streaming people.
We showed it to anybody who would watch. My agent took it around
town with it tucked under his arm because we couldn't send it to
people because we were worried about security and it getting out.
The response there was overwhelming. People were very interested in
partnering in one way or another.

So far, we've partnered with iTunes, we have other stuff coming up
but we don't know what we're going to do for the DVD, we sort of
took our own route. There were some companies that were like, "This
is great and we can roll it out slowly by creating awareness on the
Internet and throw out some bread crumbs at Comic-Con," and we're
like, "No, we're going to stream it for free first for a
week."

THR: What was the response regarding streaming it for
free?

Whedon: The free thing kinda threw some people. Everybody
had to kinda take a breath on that one. Because, you know, you make
less money with free things.

But there were two sides to that. One was very idealistic, one was
very mercenary. The idealistic one was we wanted to do this event,
we wanted it to be about the Internet as much as it was about "Dr.
Horrible." We wanted to say there is another way, just not to the
studios, but to the people doing the Internet. It's not your cat
falls off a TV set or "Ben-Hur," there is something in the middle.

THR: You've said that production budget for "Dr. Horrible"
is in the low-six-figures. Is "Dr. Horrible" profitable yet?

Whedon: No. We have not made back our investment, but we are
in the process; we are accruing. We have high hopes. The idealistic
side was, let's throw this out there, why not. And the mercenary
side was honestly, it's honestly promotional.

The idea was to create a buzz that would exist beyond that, and the
only way to really do that was to have people see it. More people
saw it than we anticipated, hence the site crashage, but hopefully
it will continue. Hopefully people are still downloading it.

THR: In terms of producing content specifically for the Web,
how far have you seen it come in the past couple of years?

Whedon: People are kind of dancing around it. There
definitely has been some interesting stuff that I've seen. I
haven't seen as much as other peope; I'm kind of new to the field,
truthfully. I feel like we've seen some cool things and some
advancements, but people have gotten stuck in a rut already.

When we were making this, people were like, "You can't have
anything over seven minutes long," and somebody else was like 'You
can't have anything over three minutes long; attention spans will
go at two minutes and 49.7 seconds every single time no matter
what." It's a very nascent field and everybody was very entrenched
about the way you could create content and what people would sit
for on the Internet.

So we were like we were going to make it however long we'd like. We
shot for 10 minutes, but it's me so it came out long.

THR: Based so far on your experience with "Dr. Horrible," do
you think the Web is a good business model?

Whedon: None of us is going to become a billionaire from
doing this but yes, I think it's very tricky and most people will
tell you it can't be done. I had one person who might actually be a
billionaire, and he said, "Yeah, you'll make $2,000." And he wasn't
being mean. ... I'm happy to say, we've topped $2,000.

The thing is, as a business model, what it isn't is a cash cow.
Most of the territory has been staked out. Unless you create a
YouTube or a Google or something that's all already been done, now
the field is crowded. There was 1.0, where it's basically the open
prairie, now that's all done. And there's 2.0, where the ideas are
smaller and they fit in what is now an existing structure.

And so you have to find a niche in there ,and you have to accept
that that's what it is, especially if you're working on my level. A
studio isn't really interested in making an investment unless it's
a huge one. I can't do that.

But I do think that's the best way to find a sustainable model on
the Internet is to build something that is always exactly the size
it needs to be. Don't throw $100 million and need it to start
bringing back (returns); don't say, "Oh we'll get in the black in
five years' time."

I was prepared to lose every cent that I put into this. I did this
because well, I got to make a musical that's first and foremost,
but because we do need new business models for the creative
community as residuals are going to become a thing of the past.
Some people are going to need to get into this and I feel the way
to get it is to always stay at the exact level you're at.

"Dr. Horrible" should turn a profit and just enough to continue at
that level. At some point it could get bigger and turn into a
bigger thing, or it could get smaller. You have to have that
malleability. If your expectations are too high, if you're in it to
make a fortune, you're going to have a bad time, I think. If you're
in it to make a living, you might do OK.

THR: How will the 13 webisodes of "Dollhouse" be different
from the series? Will they be interstitials or stand-alone
episodes?

Whedon: We're talking about both, about doing a few sort of
teasy pops at the beginning, we're talking about having a story
appear as sort of part of a story that's not part of a main story,
that's laid out as part of an arc in the show. We're still feeling
our way around that; I'm still feeling my way around the show.

I think ultimately what we'll end up with is arcs because that's
the easiest way to do it. If every two-minute story you do is a
40-minute story you can't do later, arcs is a good way to go.

THR: Any "Dollhouse" comics planned?

Whedon: I talked to ("Buffy" comics publisher) Dark Horse,
and "Dollhouse" has got some adventure and suspense and thrills,
but it's people talking and I know they have a "CSI" comic, but I
don't read it. (Laughs) I believe that you need a reason to be in a
medium and you have to respect what that medium is for, and I just
don't see "Dollhouse" as doing that. It could be done, but I just
don't see why.

THR: As for the "Buffy" Season 8 comics, are you going to be
writing more or is your role shifting more toward oversight?

Whedon: I'm finishing the Fray arc and then a couple of
other people are stepping in and I have a plan to do one more arc
before the end of the season. Although I'm looking at that with a
cold eye; maybe I should just oversee that because I'm late with an
issue, and it gets harder and harder.

And sometimes juggling everything is easier just because you get in
this awesome mind space where you can just click from one thing to
another -- and that should kick in any minute - but since it
hasn't, I am struggling with all the different things that I have
going on right now, including the movie (MGM's "The Cabin in the
Woods"), which I'll be producing at the same time as I'm doing
"Dollhouse" and what ever I have to do with "Dr. Horrible" and
"Buffy."

THR: What other comics are you working on right now?

Whedon: I finished my run at Marvel, which was really fun
and sometimes I have ideas for other ones, but then I tape my own
mouth shut and they go away. "Runaways" is done and it's coming out
in hardcover.

THR: "Sugarshock," an online comic from Dark Horse Presents
that was available only on MySpace, is coming to print. Do you have
a release date for that? Any plans to bring the MySpace "Captain
Hammer" comic to print?

Whedon: "Sugarshock" is coming Aug. 28. All the Dark Horse
Presents content stays online then can go to print a year later. We
do plan to do a couple more of those. We want to do a Moist comic,
and a Fake Thomas Jefferson. We've got some ideas. (Laughs)

THR: You've touched on all the massive commitments you've
got going on. How do you balance everything?

Whedon: The trick is extreme focus. I don't have the key.
I'm a horribly disorganized and lazy, procrastinating person, so
that doesn't help me, either. The good thing about some of these is
you don't have a choice. It's gonna go up. You have a shoot date.
You gotta get it done. And then sometimes, with "Dr. Horrible,"
you've just gotta do it. You just have to, and not because
anybody's saying it has to be done but just because you know in
your heart that you'd always be sad if you didn't. I love telling
stories more than anything. I wake up, I wanna play with my kids
and/or tell stories. That's it. I don't have a lot of hobbies. I
don't collect stuff, I can't fish. I don't use my muscles in any
way ...

THR: Will there be an Act 4 for "Dr. Horrible"?

Whedon: This was one piece, it would be Acts 4-6 or another
three-part thing if we did a sequel in a way that we did this one.
Or we might do something completely different.

THR: But there will be something that follows?

Whedon: I can not say with absolute certainty that there
will be just because who knows where everybody's going to be and if
we'll be able to put it together. Plus, this has gone over so well
I'm a little scared now. Like we won't have the excuse of, "We did
it really fast" anymore. And I always need an excuse.

We definitely have talked about plans and I have some grand plans
about what we can do to continue the story, and I think we all want
to. But nobody is committed to doing it. But there's nothing
definitive. All weekend (at Comic-Con), I've been like, "Guys, I
have another idea for the sequel! Oh wait, we have to do another
thing (panel)." We haven't really gotten a chance to talk about it.

The big part of this for me was bringing my brothers ("Dr.
Horrible" writers Zack Whedon, Jed Whedon) and (Jed's) fiancee
(Maurissa Tancharoen) to experience this. They've never been to the
Con, let alone stood in front of a panel of 4,000 cheering people
and I wanted them to experience that. It was fun to watch. So we're
taking it one step at a time.

THR: Any plans for new Internet-only ventures?

Whedon: If I didn't have other commitments, I would probably
be doing nothing else. I think it's really fascinating. There's a
lot of stories I want to tell in exactly that way. On the cheap,
directly designed to be experienced on the computer in segments and
keep the whole thing modular. I think it would also be a good idea
to do something other than "Dr. Horrible" first just to sort of
say, "Oh by the way, there are different shapes to this," so that
it doesn't become just the one trick.

THR: Is there any other forum you'd like to explore?

Whedon: The stage. I don't have a podcast, but that's
originally what "Dr. Horrible" was supposed to be. I've never done
live stage, but we've talked about bringing "Dr. Horrible" to
Broadway (laughs). But a live stage musical is something I've
always been curious about. And I'm still planning on someday making
this ballet with Summer (Glau, Whedon's "Angel," "Terminator: The
Sarah Connor Chronicles") that I wrote the score for.

THR: Would you consider adapting the "Buffy" musical "Once
More, With Feeling" for the stage?

Whedon: I don't think so, because it's an episode in the
middle of seven years of history; it doesn't stand on its own.
Whereas something like, say, "Dr. Horrible," you start at the
beginning. I have thought about doing a "Buffy" musical but I
wouldn't do "Once More, With Feeling." I would do a musical
adaptation of the concept starting from square one.

THR:
Would you use the same cast?

Whedon: I doubt it. None of them do theater in that way.
Besides, they'll be 80 when I finish it.

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Mar 03 Fév 2009, 12:47

Citation :
Exclusive Interview: Will Joss Whedon Survive the DOLLHOUSE?

January 30th, 2009

Attention Fans: It’s officially time to cut Joss Whedon a little slack
Because as it turns out, there is an incredibly high price to pay
for having a track record of culturally relevant television, millions
of passionate followers, and Summer Glau on your speed dial.
That price: An almost inhumane level of self-inflicted pressure and fan expectation.
Expectation that is about to reach a boiling point as the
Whedonverse (yes, he has his own universe) anxiously count down the
days (14 in case you’re wondering) until the February 13th bow of his
highly anticipated new FOX series DOLLHOUSE.
None of which comes as a surpise to Joss Whedon himself, who was only too happy to sit down with this TV Addict at FOX’s recent January press junket in Los Angeles to talk about surviving the Dollhouse.
Talk about the pressure you’re feeling right now.
Joss Whedon:

There is pressure, but it’s the same pressure I always feel. It’s the
same pressure I felt in high school. If I’m writing something and
somebody is going to see it, I don’t want it to suck. I pretty much
live in terror, constant terror of public humiliation. But it’s that
constant fear that makes me somewhat meticulous.
You’ve been in the spotlight for the
better part of a decade now. Have the amount of behind-the-scenes news
and rumors emanating from the ‘Dollhouse’ taken you by surprise?

Yeah you kind of take it with a grain of salt and always remember that
there is only one thing worse than being talked about. So you know it’s
absolutely the price and it’s fine. But as we get closer to the
premiere, it has been getting more and more like this. Ultimately the
show is the show and if people enjoy it then we did good and if they
don’t, we did the other thing and all the speculation ends ups meaning
nothing if that happens.

What are your thoughts on being paired with TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES on Friday nights.
I love being paired with THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. I love that show,
so it works for me. I know I’m in the minority and a lot of people
still adhere to the old ways, but I haven’t watched a show when it airs
in like two years. Fridays are tough. But what matters is what the
Network is expecting and these guys made it very clear that Friday
carried a different weight then being the opener for 24 [on Monday].
I’d rather not be in that spot and I’d rather be where the pressure is
off a little bit and if the numbers are soft, well, that’s going to be
that is going to be a “Friday thing.”
And just think of the crossover opportunities! Would Summer Glau not make an awesome member of the Dollhouse?
She would, she would. I think it’s time for Summer to play someone who
isn’t a robot, insane or you know… but I’m very excited that our show
is with her. I love her show above and beyond the fact that she’s in
it. Which is nice because I’ve watched a lot of crap because my friends
are in it and I just feel that Friday will be a night of television
that I get. The two shows really are companion pieces, sometimes so
much so that we’ll be working on an idea, watching TERMINATOR and have
to say, “Okay, we have to change that.” There have been some
similarities!
Let me just say, you look ridiculously tired. Would it be fair to say that this show has taken a lot out of you?
With DOLLHOUSE, I’ve worked hard to make it an ensemble piece among the
writers and have an extraordinary staff. I haven’t been on set every
second the way I used to, partially because I have a lot of directors
that I know and partially because I don’t have time because we were
sort of re-imagining the thing. But at the end of the day it says
“Executive Producer: Me.” And if the product isn’t as good as we could
have done, I’m going to have to live with that for the rest of my life.
Those things don’t go away anymore.
The thing is that ultimately if I feel that I didn’t give it my best
you know then I’m going to feel bad about it and I should whether or
not the audience likes it or not. If the audience loves it and I feel
like I could have done better, I’m going to be okay. If the audience
hates it and I feel that I put every ounce into it that I could then
I’m going to be okay. If they go. “this seems weak” and I agree with
them, I’ll probably go into a coma state… I’m a writer…. really just a
big neurotic guy.

Wolfram & Hart
Wolfram & Hart

Féminin

MessageSujet: Entrevue Joss Whedon   Sam 28 Fév 2009, 15:08

Bonjour, il y a quelques jours, Joss Whedon a donné une petite entrevue mais elle est en anglais. Est-ce que quelqu'un aurait un anglais assez bon pour pouvoir traduire ce qu'il a dit?

Voici le transcript de l'entrevue:

Q&A

Did Buffy and Faith share the dream in 'Graduation Day Part 2'?

I think it was Buffy's dream, but that Faith was reaching out in it. I
feel like there was a part of Faith that wanted to tell Buffy that.

Was Drusilla a Slayer or possibly one of the Potentials before Angelus
turned her? And is there any chance Dru will be dropping by the comics
any time soon?

I think we shall be seeing Dru at
some point, for sure. And a Potential Slayer? I can't say for sure, but
it's a pretty good theory.

Was Anya's fear of bunnies an inside joke relating to Alex Forrest from 'Fatal Attraction'?

No. Totally not. I just wanted to put Anya in a bunny suit and I needed to
justify it; so I had her say she was afraid of bunnies. And one of the
best things about television is that a casual remark can become your
favourite thing on the show.

Was Britney Spears really going to star as April, Warren's robot girlfriend in Season 5?

Well, she wasn't, but they told us she might. And they said, "Britney wants
to do the show!" They always do. "Samuel L Jackson wants to do the
show!", we got that one one time too. Eventually I just stopped
believing it. So we did hear there was a possibility Britney wanted to
do the show. We had never seen her act at all, so I said, "Well, we'll
cover our bases. We'll write a show about a robot! And that way if she
can't, we're fine." And then Shonda Farr came in and did a wonderful
job. And the creation of Warren the villain, the Buffybot; it all came
from the fact that we thought Britney Spears was going to be on the
show. So, happy accidents.

Do you feel that Buffy Season 8 has been a success, and where would you rank it in comparison to previous seasons?

I don't really compare it to the TV show because it's such a different
animal. I feel that it's been a success. Definitely it's been a success
in terms of the comic book and sales; and what's important for me, it's
got into the Top Ten, and been in the Top Twenty in its whole run. It's
not one of the big comic book companies, so that's exciting for the
smaller companies. A lot of people weren't reading comic books, came
in, started reading it, started reading other books because of it;
that's exciting for the community.

The book itself I'm really proud of, and I think some of my writers have done amazing work on it.
I feel like I've had a little less success keeping it focussed on where
it needs to go. Sort of deliberately gone off on cul-de-sacs and sort
of let people play with it a little bit. But in the second half now
we're getting towards really the heart of the thing, where we're really
going to hit people more emotionally, and it'll start to come up to the
level of the show in a way that it did, but only occasionally.

Speaking of the second half, will we see an actual Buffy/Angel reunion and/or a reaffirmation of their romantic feelings?

They're going to have sex for three issues straight. Nothing but porn. And that's what America needs.

Will Buffy ever know that Spike is alive?

Spike will appear in two of the three issues. I can't really describe how.

No, all of these things, you know, all of these characters we have licence
to use in the Buffyverse but because a different company has the
franchise we've been a little hands-off. But, you know, we've got so
much to play with right now that we're waiting; but we won't wait
forever. Got to see our boys.

I've heard that you drafted a script for a Buffy/Angel movie. Is this true?

This is false.

Would the character of Winifred Burkle have returned to 'Angel' had the show gotten another season?

She would have returned in that Illyria would have become more and more
interested in using her as a disguise. And we would just have to tell
Amy some days she didn't have to come into make-up three hours early.
So yes, we would have had more Winifred.

When can we expect a Serenity 2 movie; and if never, can you tell us what Inara's secret was?

I'm not giving up Inara's secret - although I believe Morena has at
conventions. Thanks, darling. But nobody has ever approached me about
doing a movie, except fans. When somebody in a suit does, then I'll
know that the landscape has changed. Basically, I'm at the ready. The
moment they say "Go!" I'll start gathering the troops again; but nobody
has.

Merci beaucoup de votre aide.
choupette
Wolfram & Hart
Wolfram & Hart

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Ven 06 Mar 2009, 13:53

Alors personne ne peut traduire? pleure
Dragibus
Just Fangel
Just Fangel

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Ven 06 Mar 2009, 15:16

choupette a écrit:
Alors personne ne peut traduire? pleure

J'aimerais aussi une traduction si quelqu'un a le temps et l'intelligence =)
Nephilie
BIND but not Blind
BIND but not Blind

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Sam 28 Mar 2009, 22:28

Puisque c'est ton anniversaire Choupette je te fais ce petit cadeau.

Buffy et Faith ont-elles partagé le même rêve dans La Cérémonie 2

Je pense que c’était le rêve de Buffy mais que Faith l’a atteint. Une partie de Faith voulait dire ça à Buffy.

Drusilla était-elle une tueuse ou une des potentielles avant qu’Angelus la transforme ? Y a-t-il une chance de voir Dru dans les comics un jour ?

Je pense qu’on verra Dru à un moment, sûrement. Elle, une tueuse potentielle ? Je n’en suis pas sûr mais c’est une très bonne théorie.

La peur des lapins d’Anya était-elle un clin d’œil à Alex Forrest de Liaison Fatale ?

Non, absolument pas. Je voulais mettre Anya en costume de lapin et j’avais besoin de le justifier, alors j’ai dit qu’elle avait peur des lapins. Ce qui est bien avec la télé c’est qu’une remarque en passant peut devenir votre truc préféré dans la série.

Britney Spears devait-elle vraiment jouer le rôle d’April, la petite amie robot de Warren dans la saison 5 ?

Non, mais elle nous avait dit peut-être. Et ils ont dit « Britney veut jouer dans la série »Ils font toujours ça. « Samuel L Jackson veut jouer dans la série !", une fois on a eu ça aussi. A la fin j’ai arrêté d’y croire. Donc on nous a bien dit qu’il y avait une possibilité. Britney voulait jouer dans la série. On ne l’avait jamais vue jouer, alors j’ai dit : « on va assurer nos arrières. On va écrire une histoire de robot. De cette façon si elle ne peut pas, on sera parés." Et puis Shonda Farr est venue et a fait un boulot formidable. Et la création du méchant Warren, le Buffy-robot, a découlé du fait qu’on a cru que Britney Spears allait venir dans la série. Donc, des heureux hasards.

Avez-vous le sentiment que la saison 8 de Buffy est un succès, et comment l'évaluez-vous par rapport aux saisons précédentes ?

Je ne la compare pas vraiment à la série tv parce que c’est tellement différent. J’ai l’impression que c’est un succès. Le comic est vraiment un succès commercial ; et ce qui est important pour moi, il est entré dans le top 10 et est resté tout le temps dans le top 20. Il ne vient pas des grandes compagnies de comics, donc c’est excitant pour les petites compagnies. Beaucoup de gens qui n’étaient pas des lecteurs de comics ont commencé à le lire, ont commencé à lire d’autres bd à cause de celle-ci, c’est enthousiasmant pour la communauté.

Je suis très fier du livre lui-même, et je pense que certains des auteurs ont fait un travail remarquable.

Je pense que j’ai un peu moins réussi à le maintenir dans la direction où il doit aller. Je l’ai quelque peu laissé aller dans des impasses et j’ai laissé les gens jouer un peu avec. Mais dans la 2eme moitié nous arrivons au cœur de l’affaire, nous allons vraiment toucher les gens, et ça commencera à atteindre le niveau de la série de la même manière, mais seulement par moments.

En parlant de la 2eme moitié, verrons-nous de vraies retrouvailles Buffy/Angel et/ou une réaffirmation de leurs sentiments l’un pour l’autre ?

Ils vont coucher ensemble pendant 3 épisodes d’affilée. Que du porno. C’est ce dont l’Amérique a besoin.

Buffy apprendra-t-elle un jour que Spike est en vie ?

Spike apparaîtra dans 2 de ces 3 numéros. Je ne peux pas décrire de quelle manière.

Non, toutes ces choses, vous savez, tous ces personnages, nous avons l’autorisation de les utiliser dans le Buffyverse mais comme c’est une compagnie différente qui a la franchise c’est un peu hors de notre portée. Mais on a de quoi s’occuper actuellement alors on attend ; mais on n’attendra pas toujours. Il faut qu’on voie nos garçons.

J’ai entendu dire que vous avez fait une ébauche de script pour un film Buffy/ Angel Est-ce vrai ?

C’est faux.

Le personnage de Winifred Burkle serait-il revenu dans Angel s’il y avait eu une autre saison ?

Elle serait revenue dans le sens où Illyria l’aurait de + en + utilisée comme déguisement. Et certains jours on aurait simplement dit à Amy qu’elle n’aurait pas besoin de se présenter au maquillage 3 heures à l’avance. Donc oui, on aurait eu plus de Winifred.

Quand pouvons-nous espérer voir un film Serenity 2 ; et si c’est jamais, pouvez-vous nous dire quel était le secret d’Inara ?

Je ne vais pas dévoiler le secret d’Inara, bien qu’il me semble que Morena l’ait fait à des conventions. Personne ne m’a fait de proposition de film, à part les fans. Quand quelqu’un en costume me le proposera, les choses seront différentes. Je serai partant. Quand on me donnera le feu vert, je commencerai à rassembler les troupes, mais pour l’instant personne ne l’a fait.
Audy
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Sam 28 Mar 2009, 22:49

Citation :

Drusilla était-elle une tueuse ou une des potentielles avant qu’Angelus la transforme ? Y a-t-il une chance de voir Dru dans les comics un jour ?[/font]

Je pense qu’on verra Dru à un moment, sûrement. Elle, une tueuse potentielle ? Je n’en suis pas sûr mais c’est une très bonne théorie.[u]
Ah j'adore !!!! Les fans s'imaginent des trucs auxquels même Joss n'avait pas pensé !!! lol

Citation :
[b]En parlant de la 2eme moitié, verrons-nous de vraies retrouvailles Buffy/Angel et/ou une réaffirmation de leurs sentiments l’un pour l’autre ?[/color]

Ils vont coucher ensemble pendant 3 épisodes d’affilée. Que du porno. C’est ce dont l’Amérique a besoin.
J'adore ce mec !!!! lol
Mais pitié, pas de réaffirmation Joss !!

Buffy Slayer
♠ Spuffy Addict ♠
♠ Spuffy Addict ♠

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Sam 28 Mar 2009, 23:06

Moi aussi j'aime bien la théorie de Drusilla Tueuse potentielle ! En plus, ça expliquerait pourquoi Spike est tant attiré par elles ! lol

Ahh mon Dieu, Spike réapparaît et Buffy couche avec Angel ?! C'était la confrontation que j'attendais trop, ça aurait pu me tenter pour la saison 8 mais là je vais définitivement rester sur mon "Je t'aime" dans Chosen moi ...

Spike70
Tar-Willow dans l'âme
Tar-Willow dans l'âme

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Dim 29 Mar 2009, 00:14

Merci Nephilie pour la traduction sourire !!!

C'est bien on en aprent plus sur les comic est sa me donne vraiment envie de les lire happy !!!
choupette
Wolfram & Hart
Wolfram & Hart

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Dim 29 Mar 2009, 03:28

Merci beaucoup pour la traduction.

Drusilla une tueuse potentielle ce serait une idée géniale.

Si jamais Buffy apprend que Spike est vivant j'aimerais bien voir sa réaction.

Je me demande bien comment Buffy et Angel vont pouvoir coucher ensemble sans qu'il ne perde son âme. A moins que les sentiments d'Angel aient changés?
Spike70
Tar-Willow dans l'âme
Tar-Willow dans l'âme

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Dim 29 Mar 2009, 03:49

Ben si on suis l'histoire de la série d'Angel il et normalement redevenue humain (enfin normalement, j'ai pas fini de voir la série) donc normalement les comic suivent la série donc Angel ne peut pas perdre sont âme comme c'est un homme !

( Si Angel ne redevien pas humain, désolé du post inutile )
Nephilie
BIND but not Blind
BIND but not Blind

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Dim 29 Mar 2009, 08:04

La partie sur Angel et le porno c'est forcément une grosse blague !

Moi ce que j'ai compris c'est qu'il est content d'avoir fait le comic, il ne veut pas cracher dans la soupe, mais il dit à demi-mot qu'il ne contrôle pas tout là-dedans. Tout n'est sûrement pas à prendre comme sa suite officielle de la série.
Audy
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣
♣♣♣ Drama Queen ♣♣♣

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Dim 29 Mar 2009, 18:25

Ouais, je pense aussi. De toute façon, j'ai jamais considéré la saison 8 comme la suite officielle de la série alors... bleh

Pour le Bangel, je pense que c'était ironique !!!!!! lol Vous voyez 3 numéros là-dessus ?? Même Joss ne ferait pas ça pour faire plaisir aux Bangel ! bleh

Spike70
Tar-Willow dans l'âme
Tar-Willow dans l'âme

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Dim 29 Mar 2009, 18:32

C'est vrai que 3 numéro sa fait quand même beaucoup, et puis se ne serait pas super intérésent je pensse !
Buffy Slayer
♠ Spuffy Addict ♠
♠ Spuffy Addict ♠

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Dim 29 Mar 2009, 20:01

Ah ouf ... je prends tout au premier degrès moi ! lol (Et quand les allusions sont plus subtiles, je passe à côté ... innocent ).
C'est sûr que ça aurait été très ennuyant, inutile, genre remake d'IWRY mais on sait jamais, regardez dans "Chosen", à quoi servait-il le baiser ?

Jade
# P'tit détective #
La dingue du Spuffy
# P'tit détective #La dingue du Spuffy

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Lun 30 Mar 2009, 12:55

Un grand merci Nephilie pour la traduction, quel blageur ce Joss ce serait bien que Buffy revoit Spike et Angel mais ça m'étonnerait que ça puisse se faire, à moins que...

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Sam 26 Sep 2009, 16:47

ITW de Joss assez importante, il parle de pas mal de truc :

Citation :
Big Joss news: Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible and Cabin updates

We caught up with new Emmy winner Joss Whedon on Monday night at a
party for Fox's upcoming fall season, and he gave us the exclusive
scoop on a possible Dr. Horrible sequel, the new season of Dollhouse and his upcoming horror movie Cabin in the Woods.

Over the summer, SCI FI Wire reported that Kevin Reilly, president
of entertainment for the Fox network, said he would leave Whedon alone
after Dollhouse's rocky first season. It turns out stand-alone
episodes did not make the show more accessible, and once Whedon started
exploring the story, the fans clamored for more. (Possible spoilers
ahead!)

In
the second-season premiere, Whedon furthers the mythology of Echo
(Eliza Dushku) and the Dollhouse by showing her cycle through different
imprints over the course of an engagement. In the climax, Paul Ballard
(Tahmoh Penikett) hits Echo to trigger an imprint that will give her
the fighting skills to escape a desperate situation. Later this season,
Whedon regulars Alexis Denisof and Summer Glau will join the cast.

Two days after his Emmy win for Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Whedon attended Fox's annual Fall eco-party to support Dollhouse. The following Q&A features edited excerpts of our exclusive interview with Whedon in West Hollywood, Calif. Dollhouse returns Sept. 25 and will air on Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Congratulations on your Emmy win for Dr. Horrible.

Whedon: Thank you very much.

Does this affect anything for getting a sequel going?

Whedon: Well, I would like to think that it does, but
actually we've been working on one. We've been working on writing. The
writers, we all have jobs, I'm happy to say.

Last we talked, you were considering doing the sequel as a feature film. Does becoming "The Emmy-winning Dr. Horrible" change things?

Whedon: Well, the Emmy-winning Dr. Horrible was never
on TV. If we were on TV, maybe we would've won an Oscar. If we're in
theaters, we can win a Tony. It's very confusing. We don't understand.

Is all forgiven for the "Once More With Feeling" snub [the musical episode of Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer]?

Whedon: You know, I didn't realize that was a snub. Awards
are what they are. It's extraordinary to have won it, and we're very
grateful, but it's not like we were trolling for it.

How does it feel to be left alone on Dollhouse?

Whedon: I'm afraid and I want Kevin to come back and hold me.
The fact is, we definitely feel more centered about what we're doing.
That doesn't mean that we're doing it completely in a vacuum. We still
get notes, and sometimes they're enormously helpful, because that's
what a collaboration is supposed to be like. The problem with last year
was there was a question about what the show was. That doesn't exist
anymore.

Now we go episode by episode, but what are we trying to accomplish?
So it's still a collaboration, but in terms of "Oh, let's try and mold
this show to what we thought it was going to be," that's over. So in
that sense, yes, they have left us alone.

Paul
(Tahmoh Penikett, right) and Echo (Eliza Dushku) fight over her new
husband (guest star Jamie Bamber, left) in the season premiere "Vows,"
airing Sept. 25.

Did you have reservations about doing a scene where Paul really hits Echo?

Whedon: Well, I didn't really have reservations about it,
because it very quickly becomes clear that he hits her in order that
she can beat the thundering s--t out of him and everybody else in the
room. He's basically igniting a bomb, so it's shocking and sort of
awful, but then when you see why he's doing it, there is that moment,
which is my favorite, as she comes at him where he just sort of goes
[makes the "bring it on" gesture], "Do it, take me, give me what I
deserve."

What kind of character does Alexis Denisof play for you this time?

Whedon: Alexis is a politician who is actually sniffing
around Rossum [the corporation that runs the Dollhouse], and so he's
definitely more suave than Wesley was in his early incarnation. Right
now he's an earnest guy trying to do the right thing, but he's coming
up against the Dollhouse, and we know how well that went for Paul
Ballard.

When will we see Summer Glau?

Whedon: You will see Summer around episode five or six.
She'll be working for the team. I believe that's already out there.
She'll be working for the Dollhouse team.

Kicking some ass?

Whedon: She will not be terminating, nor will she have a
trigger that turns her into a living weapon a la River, or Mellie.
Knowing it was going to be Summer, or hoping it was going to be Summer,
I wanted to do something that was different and plays to her strengths,
but at the same time is a different character and kind of lovely.
There'll be a little romance involved as well.

How is post going on Cabin in the Woods?

Whedon: Really well. Cabin's coming along. [Director] Drew [Goddard] and I are getting very excited.

What might you show for a trailer when the whole thing is so secretive?

Whedon: We're talking about what they're going to show, and
they'll start giving up some information to get people into the
theaters. We're working on that now; should be soon.

What about Goners?

Whedon: I wish I could say something about Goners. Universal, release Goners into the wild so it can be free again.

MessageSujet: Re: Joss Whedon   Aujourd'hui à 16:25

Joss Whedon
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant